Hello there, sorry it has been a while since I have done this. I just don't take the time to work on this at night.
I do have a favor to ask...Please say a prayer for my brother, Chris Raney. He is in need for a second liver transplant. In 2000 my oldest brother, Johnie, gave him 60% of his liver. All of that worked out well except now what portion was left has re-infected his liver. I volunteered to donate mine this time but was told "NO". The doctors said he can't have another "living donor" this time since they have to replace the tubes that run into/out of the liver. And they said I couldn't do it anyway since I have Graves Disease (thyroid), because I didn't need the stress. I will have stress regardless, but I guess not as bad. The thing about Chris is he has been through so much in his 42 years and has a very positive attitude toward everything. I am not sure I could be as strong as he has been. I talked to him today about storms maybe heading toward him and he said he would grab his camera and go outside. The he said he would just get his kite out and fly it. He told me at Christmas about a bumper sticker he was going to put on his truck that said "Don't buckle up, I need your liver". But I ask again please say a prayer for him whenever you think about him. Thank you
As for the rest of us, we are doing pretty good. My oldest son, Jonathon, helped me put up and decorate out Christmas tree (I usually do it myself). He told me that it was harder than he thought it would be and that he would not laugh at me again when I was doing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sorry to hear your brother is sick. It sounds like he has a healthy attitude. We will remember your brother and you in our prayers.
Melissa, so sorry about your brother, I will keep you in my prayers. I miss you!
I will keep him in my prayers!
Post a Comment